Title – IT Manager
Compensation – $130K + benefits
Location – Irvine, California
The Quality Systems Division (QSD) IT Manager will be a senior IT professional responsible for delivering IT services to the Quality Systems Division.
This position will partner with multiple business groups in the QSD division to ensure the overall IT strategy is aligned to the division’s goals and objectives. They will work collaboratively with other IT leaders to deliver enterprise solutions to the division.
Areas of initial focus will include working with the Global ERP program to implement SAP for the division on a single global system, stabilize, and optimize the division’s web-based Customer Facing Systems, and support expansion of the QSD operations.
• Determines IT plans and roadmaps for the Quality Systems Division in line with the overall IT strategy.
• Maintains effective relationships with key stakeholders, including key local management and corporate functions.
• Provides operational leadership across all supported platforms, build a culture of operational excellence, and operate as a senior leader in the Global IT organization.
• Provides project management for critical projects, develops project assignments for staff, sets goals for individuals and the group, staff training and development programs to improve effectiveness and efficiency of the team.
• Ensures clear, aligned organizational objectives are established across the organization and processes are in place to monitor progress against them.
• Manages cross-functional internal customer relationships and ensures the QSD IT organization is aligned to meet their expectations.
• Works with management team to create comprehensive budgets and ensure processes for tracking actual financial performance are followed.
• Establishes workforce planning practices that ensure the knowledge and skills of the organization stay current. Use network to attract top talent.
• Establishes cross-organizational performance management practices and ensures managers have the skills and knowledge to execute them in accordance with company management policies.
• Create a harassment-free workplace and ensure operations are compliant with FDA, ISO, and other regulations. Directs the control and monitoring of security for information systems in accordance with company policies and procedures.
• Provides leadership and guidance involving systems maintenance, user support and data processing activities. Liaises with Global infrastructure team to ensure the ongoing maintenance of all infrastructure technology.
On a personal level, the individual should be both strategic and tactical with a willingness to get involved in operating and implementation decisions and to monitor project priorities and status. An ability to influence others and build strong collaborative relationships will be extremely important as Company’s operating structure is decentralized. The individual should possess strong leadership qualities, including the ability to create and articulate a concise vision and objectives. The candidate will have strong people skills in the areas of selection, coaching, and developing. Finally, the candidate should be a good communicator both upward and downward and be comfortable dealing with senior management on a regular basis.
The individual should have a Bachelors degree in information management, operations research, software development, and/or a field related to IT with a minimum of 8 years of technical and IT management experience. Masters degree and experience working for major global manufacturing company with revenues in excess of $300M is a plus.
The candidate should have been responsible for the overall applications function to include application program management, project management, SAP ERP implementation or operational experience and FDA or regulated industry background is a plus.
Experience with mergers and acquisitions, specifically IT due diligence and integration planning is desirable (Desired/Preferred)