As part of the Global ERP team, this position will lead an internal and consultant team to work with colleagues worldwide to design, document, configure, implement and deliver the “Product Lifecycle Management” (PLM) SAP system and processes required for the company’s ERP project. The position requires a well-rounded leader with a combination of PLM and manufacturing experience, is analytical with strong business knowledge & vision, demonstrated working knowledge of process design, strong management skills, and the ability to be hands-on and a desire to “dive into the details.” The position will ensure that the new processes are in alignment with the company’s strategic initiatives and that the solutions and processes developed in the ERP project enable the realization of those initiatives.
· Strong documentation discipline and deep knowledge of SDLC methodologies supporting the deployment of SAP PLM systems and processes
· Proven ability to work effectively and independently and collaborate closely with business/technical teams to accomplish business objectives.
· Excellent communication skills, must be able to gather requirements from the functional consultants and legacy system owners, must be able to document the technical design · Proficiency in MS Office Suite of products, including Visio and Project
· Ability to travel on average 30%, including international, with the ability to travel extensively as project needs require
Master’s or Bachelor’s degree in related fields or equivalent commensurate work experience.
This person must:
• have experience with business processes related to Portfolio and Project Management of Product Innovation, New Product Development, Production Ramp-Up, Product Change Management, and maintenance • think cross-functionally
• make sound business decisions
• understand the impact of those decisions on the broader organization • be an ambitious self-starter
• work well in pressure and ambiguous situations
• have demonstrated working with business teams to formulate actionable plans and solutions
Experience with systems implementation and/or process transformation. The candidate must have experience documenting processes “as is” through process maps and SOP’s and have a working knowledge of business process decomposition techniques. The candidate must be able to design processes and sub-processes and to think through the implications of those designs. Understanding how these processes provide competitive advantages or operational efficiencies is essential.
Five (5) or more years direct experience in supporting “Product Lifecycle Management” functions. Working knowledge of all the above business process areas is a strong plus.
Five (5) or more years experience in a personnel management role, with a strong record of building and managing teams through leadership, direction, coaching and mentoring.
A “Project Management” mindset for working in a high paced “Design, Build, Test, Implement” environment. Previous experience on project teams with a proven ability to work under time constraints while meeting critical milestones